Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two Week Dr. Visit today


Today at 1:00 we went to see the pediatrician for Xander's two-week check up and everything is looking good.

He is 21 inches long now, and he gained an entire pound since his last visit! He weighs 7 lbs. 11oz as of this afternoon. They measured the circumference of his head too! It is 36 centimeters around, which the doc said was in the 50th percentile. I guess that means he will be of at least average size when he grows up.

This picture is from this morning right before we put him in his car seat. Unfortunately, the doctor didn't get to see his cool onesie because he spit up on it in the car! I knew this would happen because I mentioned it in a previous post. Maybe I shouldn't predict such unfortunate happenings in the future.

Later today, we finally got Xander into his new swing without an outburst. He is still in it as I'm typing! This will be the first time he has enjoyed the swing for more than a few seconds. I was starting to worry that he didn't like it, which would have sucked, but I think he just had to be in the right state of mind first : )

1 comment:

  1. When they're really really new, the babies don't seem to like the swing, but then when they get their bearings and gain a little weight, almost all babies love them!

    ReplyDelete