Saturday, July 17, 2010

Paul or Sarah?

Teaching genetics while being pregnant this past school year was interesting--we had lots of conversations that haven't come up in previous years.  My students seemed as curious as I was regarding my future baby's physical appearance, and we predicted many of his traits.  At this age, I find it difficult to look at Xander and try to decide if he looks more like one of us.  Xander has Paul's widow's peak hairline and "butt chin," his hair is the color of Paul's for now, and he will probably have Paul's brown eyes.  He has the same ear lobes (unattached) as I do, and the same blood type (O positive), but I'm not sure of any others yet.

I have taken a sudden interest in what Paul and I looked like as babies.  Here are some pictures:

Here is 5-week-old Paul:
 Paul at 6 weeks:
 Sarah at 3 weeks:
Another of me, but I'm not sure how old I was in this one:
(Mom, can you help me out?)

2 comments:

  1. Uhm, looking at the baby pics, sorry Paul, but I have to say DEFINITELY Sarah. Though you two were surprisingly similar-looking as babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post and of course ALL the babies featured are gorgeous! Sarah was around 6-8 weeks old in the bottom picture.

    Love, Gema

    ReplyDelete